Welcome to GradSchoolMatch.
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Dr., MC 7819
San Antonio, Texas, 78229-3900, United States
The Doctor of Medical Physics program is the third nationally accredited DMP program in the nation. It aims to enhance and standardize clinical training for medical physicists. The DMP is a professional degree that prepares the students for a clinical career in the either imaging or therapeutic medical physics.
Doctoral Degree, DMP, Doctorate in Medical Physics
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Program Coordinator-Admissions, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Students typically have a bachelor's Degree in Physics, Applied Physics, Physical Science, or Engineering (with the equivalent of a minor in physics) from an accredited college or university. Applicants must have undergraduate credit for the following courses:
1) Biology: One semester of general biology;
2) Chemistry: One semester of general chemistry;
3) One semester of Human Anatomy OR Physiology;
4) Physics: Include at a minimum Modern Physics, Modern Physics Lab, Electricity & Magnetism
5) Mathematics: Through calculus and ordinary differential equations;
6) Computer Science: Introduction to Computer Science (one semester).