College of Education & Human Services Department of Curriculum & Instruction
1 University Circle; Horrabin Hall, Room 40 (main)
Macomb, Illinois, 61455, United States
The Master of Science in Education in Curriculum and Instruction combines the rigor of an outstanding academic program, the personal attention of departmental faculty, and the convenience of online coursework. Graduates of the program enhance their professional expertise and are poised to assume leadership roles within their schools and districts.
Master's Degree, MSED, Master of Science in Education (C&I)
Dr. Sebastian Szyjka
Associate Professor of Science Education & Coordinator, C&I Graduate Program
Assistant Director, WIU School of Graduate Studies
Graduates of the program enhance their professional expertise in their respective areas, often time seeking positions as consultants, learning strategists, district coordinators, or instructors at the community college level. Other graduates pursue advanced preparation in literacy instruction, assessment, leadership, diagnosis and assessment, or become reading specialist teachers. 1. Admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
2. Cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or 3.0 the last two years.
3. Graduate Record Examination is not required.
4. Acceptance by the Department Graduate Committee.
5. All persons applying for entry into the graduate program must have earned a degree in education or a related field.
6. This program is designed for certified teachers and does not lead to teacher certification, licensure or any endorsement.